Friday, November 02, 2007

Today, I am thankful for Jenny Bowen and Half the Sky

I think a lot about not wasting my life.

This morning I had an email from Jenny Bowen of Half the Sky, saying that she has been selected as one of eight foreigners to carry the Olympic torch in the Beijing Olympics next summer.

Go here, and see Jenny Bowen and her girls. She is 62 years old, has 2 Chinese daughters that she and her husband adopted in their fifties. Not long after they adopted their 1st daughter they started an amazing organization that is now making a real difference in the lives of China's orphans. Watch the short video to see some of the children her organization is showing love to. When I watch, I can't help but see Piper's face in the faces of those children.

I thought this page was interesting, showing all who applied and the 8 winners.

Jenny Bowen inspires me that a mom with a heart for these little ones can make a difference.

"If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
-Jesus (Matthew 10:42)

No comments: