Thursday, November 30, 2006

Baby, its ccccold outside!

What a day! Both kids were home early by 12:45 today because of the weather. By then I'd had time to let the news of the morning sink in. Thank you so much to everyone who let us know you were thinking of us, it really makes a difference.
Have you ever tried to work out while you are crying? It's not easy. I am determined to use this month to get in better shape and stock up on my sleep, if that's possible. So after I got home from taking Ella to school this morning I got on the stairmaster and all of the emotion of the last few weeks just came pouring out. I was due for a thawing out, so that didn't surprise me. What surprised me was the feelings that caused the tears to fall. It wasn't that we'd missed the cut-off by 1 day, or all of the trials and tribulations of this process. It was a feeling of sheer gratitude. Through all of this process, even though it is very difficult at times, I am just so grateful that we get to be a part of it. I don't believe I could ever explain it if I tried, but it has been one of the biggest blessings of my life. My heart is full.
And we are next! Hang on, sweet girl...
Dena

No comments: