Monday, July 16, 2007

Funny comments I get when out and about with Piper:

Old Navy cashier: "Is her father Asian?" I am so tempted to answer: "Oh, that's who it was! Thank you for helping me clear that up."

And then there are the people who think I am Chinese or Hispanic and feel free to comment about that. One of our guides in China asked me where "my people" are from! To clear this up once and for all: I am half German, the other half is some sort of a European mix, part Scottish and other stuff. My own grandfather used to call me "my little Mexican girl". So now throw into the confusion a Chinese daughter. Piper and I are just going to have to get used to splain'n ourselves!

1 comment:

Kim said...

People are amazing.. They say the dumbest stuff.. Sometimes you wonder if they even think..
Have a GREAT DAY...
Kim