Saturday, April 28, 2007

The broken promise

When I was in the midst of jet lag, I made a promise to myself, and anyone who would listen, that if I ever felt normal again that I would never, ever complain about being tired again. Well, eventually I did feel normal again, but as for the promise, it has been filed with other such promises such as "I will exercise everyday this week!" and "Now that I've got this house cleaned up, I will never let it get that messy again!". I think I could have recovered from Tuesday's dark and stormy night if it weren't for Thursday's all nighter with Miss Measel Pants. It turns out that Piper is one of the unfortunate rare 1 in whatever million that actually gets a light case of the measels when getting the Measels vaccination. She woke up about midnight MISERABLE...high fever, aches, pains, and mad about it all, I don't blame her. Friday brought the spots. Spots from her neck to her toes. I literally watched them appear before my eyes. I called the doctor and she wanted me to bring her in. Piper's doctor was not there so we got to see her very young partner who had never seen this reaction before. She studied Piper from head to toe and then said she'd be right back. She came back in with another doctor, a nurse, and her big, fat medical book with photos. They decided it was the measels and sent us home with instructions to give her Benadryl and Motrin every 6 hours until Monday. She slept through the night last night and her spots are much lighter this morning. I think it's going to disappear as fast as it came on.

So, welcome to our pity party. We are tired - wa, wa, wa. There, I feel better just to getting that out of the way. I feel so much better that I just might exercise today or clean the house, or maybe, not. There are soccer games to attend and beautiful weather to be enjoyed.

Pre measels, Piper's one year check up was great. The doctor just kept saying how great she was doing. Her tiny little legs are finally looking a little chubby and she's put on 2 pounds since she's been with us, even with the flu and giardia.

I still want to post about Piper's wonderful Sip and See, but I've got to go cheer on the Supergirls in their last game of the season. So hopefully I'll get some time later today to sit my promise breaker self down and get those pictures posted.

No comments: