Monday, January 01, 2007

This morning I was praying for our daughter to be (still haven't decided on her name, I'll tell you about that later). My heart gets so heavy for her, wondering where she is, who is caring for her, is she hungry, cold, alone, etc.. As I was praying, my mind began to wander - thinking about the powers that be that get to decide who gets to have a family and when, and the injustice of it all. I then remembered some verses I'd seen referenced yesterday in a completely different context, about not putting your trust in rulers and people, but in the God who made heaven and earth, Psalm 146:2-6. I decided to look those verses up to get my perspective straightened out. As I read on, God gave me the most precious gift in verses 7 & 9, a total surprise.
Here it is:
Psalm 146
Praise the Lord
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
2 I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3 Do not put your trust in rulers
in mortal men, who cannot save.
4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that day their plans come to nothing.
5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them-
the Lord, who remains faithful forever.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
8 the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord loves the righteous.
9 The Lord watches over the stranger
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10 The Lord reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations
Praise the Lord!

Dena

No comments: