Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I completed something!!!

I made this...
while they collected these.
Yes, those are worms.



I never knew I'd ever feel so grateful to a group of worms. But I'll be darn if they didn't keep my kids busy for an hour and a half.

I've been trying to freshen up Piper and Ella's room for a while now, but it's just now coming together - so fun! I got the canvas for the chandelier painting at the local thrift store for $2.99. In it's previous life, it was a bright red and purple painting of an Indian chief. Well, he got a little make over, and is now a very girly chandelier.

Also, truth be told, I got a lot done yesterday due to the fact that we couldn't find our phone, all day long. Long story, but my hubby left it in the attic the night before! So, with no one to talk to, and the kids absorbed in their earthworm expedition, I had time to work, time to think...a luxury for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you via Tracy Porter blog.

First of all, great job with the girly chandelier.

Second, I love your family's story. My husband and I hopefully will have a family one day, and it will be through adoption. Some of our dearest friends, Clay and Renee, have adopted from China twice...a girl, Sophie Mae and believe it or not...an 8 year old boy, Tian.

It's such an amazing blessing from God, adoption is. I used to not think that, it was the last thing I wanted to think about, but God has truly opened my heart and eyes!

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by...
Love the picture....
You do such a great job..
Have a Great Weekend..

Peapod Four said...

eeewwwwwww! woorrrrms!

Love the chandelier, though!

Oh and when we recorded our VM message with the new company, it said, "Hi! You've reached the P---. We'll call you back when we find our phone!" : ) We are forever losing it. People who got that message were always laughing when the recording started. I just changed it back to a traditional greeting last week.