Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The smell of freshly sharpened pencils, sound of backpacks zipping shut, mamas with a tear in one eye and a gleam in the other...must be August!

Just in case there is someone out there checking on us, wondering if we're still alive, we are! This is always a very full time for us: school starting, Scott's bday, planning Ella's Bday, kids consignment sale to get ready for. And now, add in little miss Piper Grace. Little Miss Piper Grace with a new and improved ability to climb and reach and discover. Just trying to keep Piper off of the kitchen table is proving to be a part time job.
School starts next week - Hunter in 1st grade, Ella in one more year of PreK. They are both excited for it to start. Mama is excited too. Before I had Hunter, I taught elementary school for 7 years and I love the excitement of the start of a new school year. As a mama, I get to participate in all the fun, and also look forward to a bit of time to complete a thought or two.
Hopefully, I can catch up on a little blog reading and posting.

While you're waiting for those awe inspiring, mediocre posts, you can go visit one of my favorite blogs here. Visiting Sandy Coughlin's site is like taking a little retreat. I always feel refreshed after reading her posts and seeing the beauty of the place she calls home. Her husband is a writer and I am about to order his new book, No More Jellyfish, Chickens, or Wimps. I have come away from her site with fresh, encouraging ideas time and time again. I may as well say goodbye now to those who will click on that link, for once you go there, you won't be back!

Happy last week of summer!!!

No comments: