Thursday, August 02, 2007

On the glory of God in nature, and pretzel stick families




Ella's version of our family:
That's Scott, me, Ella, Hunter, and itty bitty Piper.

It was unusually nice out the other morning, so the kids and I went out and laid on a giant beach towel and watched the clouds roll by. We talked about how creative God must be to make such a beautiful sky. I asked them what we could learn about God by looking at the sky. Hunter said, "I see how great and BIG He is." Ella said, " I see how he likes fluffy things." At about that point, Ella decided it was time to make a pretzel family. Hunter and I laid there for a while longer and I was amazed at how just stopping and looking at the beauty above, made my joy in God richer that morning.
I decided to get my latest John Piper book that we are reading and bring it outside to read while the kids played in the sandbox. I opened it up to the page I was on, read about half a page and came to this reference:
Psalm 19:1-4
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their measuring line goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world."

Whoa!

No comments: