Monday, September 24, 2007

Here's the thing about dark wood floors....

They are dark.

I have wanted dark wood floors for as long as I can remember. I have coveted them in my heart. I have spent countless hours staring at magazine pictures of them.

Now, I have them.

Not super expensive ones, but they are wood and they are dark, and they are mine.

So you would think I would be in dark wood floor bliss right about now. You would think.

This is why I am so terribly frustrated with myself. I do think they look better than the cheap, stained carpet that was there a week ago. But....but they are very dark, and they show every little bit of dust. The same dust that the cheap, stained carpet just took on as it's own and absorbed.

This has been a big lesson for me (I hate learning lessons the dusty, expensive way). Those pictures I drooled over were a mirage. They do not show the people who have "people" who clean those floors. I am the only "people" this family has that would do something like dust 1.000 sq ft of dark wood flooring.

Now, I think the couch looks too dark. I've spent the last few days staring at it, with my head cocked to the side, squinting, trying to convince myself that it looks good.

The funny thing is, I was quite content with my house before we got the much coveted wood floors. Can you see why I am so frustrated with myself? Contentment is a fragile thing. And when you base it on something like wood floors, it's beyond fragile.

Well, I've got to go dust now.

Be careful what you wish for...

(I have pictures, but blogger is not letting me post them for some reason. I'll try again later, after I dust of course.)

Oh, and Piper's eye is getting better. Today she just looks like she is continuously winking at you.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Okay.. I know what you mean...
I put tile through the entire house except for the bedrooms to try to cut down on the dog hair..
Well needless to say.. I can SEE every little dirt on the tile..
But it is cleaner... Look at it that way... Carpet keeps all kinds of stuff in it..
Have a Great Day..
Glad her eye is better.
Kim

Sandy said...

Yay for dark wood floors! I had dark-stained cherry (hardwood) last home. LOVED them, the warmth and richness of them :)
FUN for you!
Sandy