Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Distracted, me???

I went to Target day before yesterday, shopped for and paid for 10 items. Last night at
8:00 p.m., I realized that I didn't get home with 5 of my items. That's half, 50% of what I bought, I left either at Target or in the shopping cart, and didn't realize it until last night. Those 5 items totalled up to about $40, not a good time for us to be donating $40 to Target. After a desperate prayer I called Target. I spoke with a lovely woman, Victoria, who told me this happens all the time. I love her. In case you're wondering, they have a system set up for this where they log in the items left and day and time, etc., and then put the items back on the floor.
She had my items logged in - oh joy! Today I get to reshop for my items and actually take them home this time!
I wish I could say this was the first time I'd done something like this. When I was pregnant with Ella, I went through the Taco Bell drive-thru, ordered and paid for my food, and then left without my food. I didn't realize what I had done until I got home (and hungry)! Oh, the dilemma...do I drive back to Taco Bell and sheepishly admit to the 18 year old boy at the drive-thru, that yes, I am the huge pregnant lady that drove off without her food 10 minutes ago and could I please have my food now, because I am really hungry? I lectured myself about how "pride comes before the fall" and I should not let my pride get in the way of my dinner. So, with great humiliation, I went back, hoping the boy at the drive-thru would take pity on me, and give me a "oh don't worry about it, it happens all the time". Apparently, not so much.
So now you see why I love Victoria at Target. Not only do I get my items, but she made me feel like I'm just like everybody else.
Now, if I could just find my keys...

Dena

No comments: