Monday, May 21, 2007

Rolly Pollies, the Tooth Fairy, and Lysol

Searching for rolly pollies, "I will not let this darn dress slow me down!"
"I found some good ones over here yesterday."
My favorite 6 year old & his toothless grin
Grandma, the proud graduate, Papa
A bit distracted during the prayer (I know, what was I doing taking a picture during the prayer, I just couldn't help myself)
So where have I been? Last week ended with another graduation and cookie reception, followed by a weekend of Lysoling every square inch of our house in a desperate attempt to contain the stomach virus that took over the men of our family. Hunter was hit especially hard with high fever, stomach ache, headache...the whole shebang. He is home again this morning, super sad that he is missing his end of the year party. He did manage to get his front tooth out last night and has a new smile this morning. I LOVE the look, and am beginning to drive him crazy making him say words like "scissors" and "slurpies".
So far the girls have been spared, and I am praying hard that we won't get the monster virus.
Piper continues to thrive and share her joy. She has started to have a sense of humor. Before she would make us smile and laugh with her cuteness, but now she is starting to do things on purpose. She will "hide" from me and when I "find" her she snorts and laughs like she just can't get over herself. Her big thing now is to find little gems off of the floor (rolly pollies, dirt, etc.), put them in her mouth, find me and then stick out her tongue to show me her latest find, beaming with pride.
My dad is having surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon. Please pray that it goes well and he has a quick recovery. The surgeon will not know what he can do until he can actually see what the situation is in surgery. Pray for my mom too, as I know this is hard on her too.
Life is fragile and we have to take the moments of joy and contentment that we are given. This verse keeps coming to my mind over and over. I think someone is trying to tell me somthing:
Philippians 4:12-14
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me strength. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles."
Oprah has her secret and Paul has his, I think I'll go with Paul. I am so glad Paul uses the word "learned". It tells me he had to work at it, like me.

No comments: