Monday, May 28, 2007

So, how are you doing?

I have a lot of wonderful friends who are asking me this question and the answer eludes me. It is just hard to sum it up in a few succinct words. My heart is hurting, yet I am comforted. There are difficult moments and sweet moments. The reality of life has swooped down and seems to have taken residence in the pit of my stomach. I know that God will never leave or forsake my dad and that He will be the strength my dad needs. Honestly, I know someday we will all be able to say "It is well with my soul", but here and now, it doesn't always feel that way. I suppose that's where faith comes in.

My dad is still in the hospital. He had to have a blood transfusion yesterday and is still on oxygen. Those are some things to be praying about. At some point, and maybe he's already reached it, he's going to decide he wants out of that hospital room. I pray he'd be able to go home soon. My mom has been sleeping there every night on a fold out chair. My brother and I take turns going up there so she can go home for a bit. I look forward to when it's my "turn" to go up there and just sit in the room with my dad. It's my turn now...
KEEP PRAYING!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I will be praying.. Keep strong..
Kim

Anonymous said...

we are all still praying for your family...MAY GOD GRANT YOU THE STRENGTH YOU NEED!