Thursday, March 01, 2007

She was kicking her legs really hard and cracking herself up
little bit of heaven
Piper loves her hands
Chongqing at night
We've found Piper's ritalin - pizza crust. The Musgrove kids donated theirs to me after our quiet lunch at Pizza Hut. They worked like a charm at dinner last night as they treated us to our first sushi meal....delicious! I've only got one left, and a lot more meals to eat , so I'm on the lookout for something similar. If I could find a bag of pizza crusts and a flat iron I'd be set.
Piper continues to eat well and sleep well. I found out yesterday that I was not putting enough formula in her bottles, the scoops are different here and I got the directions mixed up. I feel like such a knucklehead. Piper is probably the only baby who has most likely lost weight after leaving the orphanage. We have corrected the situation, and Piper seems to be very forgiving. Based on rough weighing we did on a bathroom scale, she seems to be about 17.6 pounds. The 6-12 month clothes I brought are fitting her well. She has a tiny little body, but I think she is kind of long, the pants seem a bit short and I have to pull her socks up to her knees so the fashion police don't get onto me.
We are just simply having a great time here. Piper seems to be taking all of the changes in stride. Everyday she smiles more and shows us more of who she is. It seems like she has been with us forever, I just can't imagine not knowing her. When we go out, she is attached to me in the Baby Hawk carrier. Yesterday a few of us went out to get some more formula and Piper stayed with Scott. It felt so strange not to have her and I really missed her.
Today we go with our group to a few sites around town and then back for our last dinner in Chongqing. We are leaving here tomorrow to head to Guangzhou, where the US Consulate is located. It has really surprised me how we have settled in here, and in a way, it will be strange to leave. Being here, in Piper's province has been such a big part of this whole experience with her. We will make the most of today and soak it all in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift from God! We are praying for your safe return as you bring Piper to Prosper.
Hugs and Kisses to that sweet baby girl.
Brooke