Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sleep, sweet sleep!

Piper slept from 8pm to 6am this morning! She stayed awake till 9am and is now down for her morning nap. This is beginning to feel like a schedule!
What did we do for family entertainment before Piper? She has brought so much fun to our house with all of her antics, smiles and giggles. She and Ella are doing great sharing a room. I am very glad that we gave it a try. Both she and Hunter are really enjoying Piper. This morning Hunter and I were playing with her on the floor and I had Life Today on TV b/c Beth Moore was on. They started talking about caring for orphans and Hunter said, "I am really glad God told us to take care of orphans, or we wouldn't have known Piper." I feel the exact same way. Yes, God tells us to care for orphans, but the blessing ends up being on us. I just can't get over the thought of missing out on being Piper's mom. She is already such a big part of who I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came here from Jacob's site!
Piper is beautiful and I'm sure even though you are busy, you are content in the fact that Piper is home! I was reading back in your blog and read about the red thread theme that connects waiting parents to their future baby. My friend wrote a book for her daughter Kaylee when she adopted her at age 1. Kayless is 7 now. Just thought I'd give you the link incase you wanted to see it. I actually bought the book and my 6 yr old (biological) loves this story.
Karen's website is: http://www.ladybugproductions.ca/intro.html
I was wondering what sparked your interest in adoption? Was it something you wanted to do even before you had your own children?
thanks for sharing your journey it is very very inspiring!